Saturday, April 4, 2020

ranking 52% of Johto fabrics

*drops literally fucking dead*
This cannot be. No. They. Actually.
NO.
Wtfffffffffffffkjhgytfwghesikyottireu\szjkdlfgiturehjwnjkdoifjrn4kotiuhegjaksdjfgk
...So it's an actual full-on miracle that the original 150 fabrics exist in the first place; like, WHAT were the odds, honestly...but I truly believed that the notion of them ever going beyond those most-heavily-merchandised 150 was a ludicrous dream. But as usual, for something to stand a chance of happening, I have to be 100% certain that it will not--for now all of a sudden they email me 52/100 unveiled Johto designs, and I'm like..."These better be available on so much shit besides dress shirts? Or apparel for that matter. I could go for a custom patchwork quilt, perhaps. Or fuckin' patchwork wallpaper/borders." Or I'll just do my usual, make my own whatever and maybe print it if that makes sense. Clearly I gotta do something. Fuck. Just over half are known, and I can tell this gen is in no way as clear-cut as the first. They've lost it. And several highly-ranked ones are well above Pokemon I like more because the designs are so damn good. E.g., Ariados--I like spiders, it's cool, but it's not such a super-fave that I'd have expected its pattern to rank like this. Anyway, by the Ides of April the rest are supposed to be revealed. And that other half includes most of my Big Faves from Johto--Suicune, Umbreon, Houndoom, Phanpy, Porygon2, Espeon, Houndour. Plus Qwilfish, Forretress, Hoppip, Corsola, Magby, Elekid, Steelix, Lanturn, Chinchou......and then there's Misdreavus, Yanma, Sunkern, Skarmory, Shuckle, Dunsparce, etc., etc., etc. Lots of potential to surpass the current favorites.
But at any rate, as this was unforeseeable, my shirt is perfect for what was available at the time.

  • Bayleef (excellent color)
  • Ariados (OMG WTF...too adorable...treehouses...it reminds me of the Berenstain Bears and Winnie the Pooh and the Polly Pocket one...wow)
  • Flaafy (are you fucking kidding me...random neon Alolan Exeggutors thrown into the neon mix for some reason...this one corresponds to Weepinbell in the first set then?)
  • Magcargo (fire-snail paisley, totally turbo)
  • Smoochum (Weird 'mon but I dig its shapely blonde hair+pinkness, and I loooove the 80s/90s "Saved By the Bell" graphics in the pattern)
  • Pineco (A pineapple pinecone. Why are they doing this)
  • Girafarig (Its tail reminds me of a Chain Chomp and it looks good)
  • Mantine (not really a fave pattern but very much a fave Pokemon)
  • Octillery (nice design, high up more bc of the Pokemon itself though)
  • Ledyba (bc Vileplume/rafflesia flowers)
  • Marill (Jfc...Alolan Exeggutor, Corsola, Luvdisc in another "Hawaiian" print)
  • Bellossom (those flowers look cool too...like Limited Too logos and my pink/purple pillow and the green/purple/pink felt one I made)
  • Slugma
  • Xatu
  • Sunflora (van Gogh style, oh they're getting too damn creative on me here)
  • Smeargle (paint splatters, reminds me of Lisa Frank)
  • Natu (disappointing bc it's solid terra-cotta instead of the neon green/yellow/pink+black I expected)
  • Sudowoodo (such a cute 'mon but what a weird design...doodly, includes Bonsly [yay], lots of brick cabins...)
  • Politoed (lily pad umbrella+Poliwags/whirls...cute)
  • Skiploom (colorful)
  • Jumpluff (cute, looks like a little bouncing blueberry with cotton balls attached)
  • Slowking (I are angry shell...literally...'Chelle)
  • Piloswine
  • Delibird
  • Togetic
  • Quilava
  • Meganium
  • Ampharos
  • Mareep
  • Ledian
  • Noctowl
  • Furret
  • Togepi
  • Spinarak
  • Stantler
  • Feraligatr
  • Croconaw
  • Quagsire
  • Azumarill
  • Remoraid (I enjoy Remoraid bc FISH! and it too loves Mantine, and it's nice how they did a Pisces thing here, but they made it kinda fat? xD)
  • Swinub (cute but don't get no simpler'n that)
  • Chikorita
  • Cyndaquil
  • Sentret
  • Blissey
  • Typhlosion
  • Scizor (confusing up close, nice-looking at a distance)
  • Unown (TO KNOW THE UNKNOWN, DOESN'T MEAN THAT MUCH TO ME; TO KNOW THE UNKNOWN, SOME SECRETS ARE JUST MEANT TO BE...)
  • Crobat
  • Hoothoot
  • Totodile
  • Pichu
----------------------------------------------------
interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment