Saturday, October 7, 2023

Hallepoodjah

At long last...the unholy mess that was our family photo cabinet is (as) perfectly (as possible) arranged in chronological order. ๐Ÿฅน With photos of all the albums that were unfortunately so shitshape (or the lousy old gluey style) that they had to be tossed. | Notes to self: For now I tried filling most of the waterfall and the rest of the Polaroid album with duplicate Halloween Poke-cards because I hate blank spaces. ;b Found Ma's photocube in the cellar closet mirrored cabinet on the right (holiday) side. Alpha-Critter Moof also featured in photo on Fred's woven Xmas placemat. :'3 Photo-frame list transferred 1.9.24 from Mickey notepad to Notepad document for easy editing. How'd I forget to mention Dad's black album and white box in the masterlist? Comments=important.






At long last…the unholy mess that was our family photo cabinet is (as) perfectly (as possible) arranged in chronological order. ๐Ÿฅน With photos of all the albums that were unfortunately so shitshape (or the lousy old gluey style) that they had to be tossed.AAt long last…the unholy mess that was our family photo cabinet is (as) perfectly (as possible) arranged in chronological order. ๐Ÿฅน With photos of all the albums that were unfortunately so shitshape (or the lousy old gluey style) that they had to be tosse

2 comments:

  1. Yay, was actually able to keep the cover of the 0:32 album & it fits perfectly alongside the others in my closet. ➕
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1RAhJyoyvLgeG9PLhXjqHM6jc_niyaQxR/view?usp=drivesdk ๐Ÿ’ž❤️‍๐Ÿ”ฅ๐Ÿ’—๐Ÿ’ž❤️‍๐Ÿ”ฅ๐Ÿ’— (lots of photos in those books of course...and cards...bazillions of yearbook appearances...etc.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This really got me thinking, again: https://x.com/neoshippedkid/status/1751492016418983964

    I am SO eternally thankful to be surrounded by so much of my childhood--to have never left it, really. (And ne'er shall I. I'm no fool. And nothing since even begins to compare.)
    The (often-terrific) art, projects, crafts, creations, schoolwork, cards, notes, tapes/discs, toys, games, books, supplies, clothes, accessories, decor, and so on. The priceless trinkets, tchotchkes, odds-and-ends, keepsakes, everything beautiful. Calendars and sticker albums, booklets, programs, certificates/awards, souvenirs, yearbooks, memory books, school pictures, goofy Print Shop shit, general complete insanity, everything in the masterlist. I can only imagine how many cardboard filing boxes would be needed for my old folders, papers, notebooks, pads, journals, trappers/binders, and all that. Been trying to improve the organization of whatever isn't perfectly so already (some would probably be best done in the packing process...)

    My parents have slides, albums full of their childhoods onward, memento boxes... We've got black-and-white photos from my grandparents' youths; one shot of my grandma as a young girl is very faded, closer to yellow and white, but you can still see it.
    And I often think about everyone who lived and died before the advent of photography, or before it was commonly available...how most humans were never photographed once, how their likenesses may be known only from a drawing or painting IF they were lucky enough to have a good one done, and it survived. ;;
    I think about how now, I obsessively photograph/document/save pics of everything because it's unbearably tragic for me to contemplate something or someplace awesome existing only as a memory.

    ReplyDelete